Friday, February 1, 2008


I don't know about anyone else, but it was a great trip and hard to come home. It was so relaxing and we really got to experience Hawaii from a locals perspective. We ate at the Hukilau Cafe (from the movie "50 first dates") which was less than a 1/4 mile from our house, & it was a fun experience. They were full of the Aloha spirit and were very helpful, even on the morning when I locked the keys to the rental van inside the van!
We spent lots of time playing and relaxing on the beach and at night it was amazing to have the windows open and be able to listen to the ocean all night long. Of course it was green everywhere and the plants and trees were incredible!
We also listened to Hawaiian music on the radio while we were there. That made it even more fun! By the end of the trip we knew a lot of the words to the songs. Maybe now that we are home, the boys will start playing them on their Ukelele's

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time. What was your favorite place in Hawaii?
-Jen F

Anonymous said...

I love going to Hawaii, been twice and will always go back. I know what you mean when you say it is hard to come back.
Jen N.

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Hey I found your blog. Clever name. Great pic's. That so makes me want to be there right now. You may not get this, but I thought I'd leave it anyway. I'll be spying now, so time to post again. Hee hee.

Dawn Bushman said...

Hi D'Ann! Those are great pictures! I hope your Independence Day was a nice one.